The client is looking for a Head of IT to join their team, in which the successful candidate will manage and maintain stability and availability of the IT Platform management for the UK & Guernsey business.
Additional duties include:
- Management of Support services from internal staff and third-party provider, including all financial management/budget responsibilities.
- Responsible for all IT Audit, Risk and Controls across Support services and also oversight of all local Guernsey IT regulatory matters.
- Line management responsibility for IT staff in Guernsey, where functional reporting lines may vary.
- Responsible for continual improvement and implementing strong, secure and controlled processes, with strong focus on preventative and proactive maintenance.
- Strong engagement with Business and Technology transformation teams, to proactively align with future operating model.
- Build and maintain close collaboration with Infrastructure and wider IT organizations globally.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience (10 yrs+) of managing diverse IT platforms in a business facing financial services environment dealing with production support and all banking services & systems, with front to backflow, preferably with experience of T24.
- Strong experience of ITIL Problem, Incident, Change and Service Management.
- Evidence of ability to manage IT Services both from third-party vendors and from internal local and central teams, including contract management.
- Experience in managing budgets, financial management, portfolio and cost accounting.
- Strong data, metrics and reporting experience to demonstrate multi-dimensional ideas in a clear form.
- Ability to make appropriate risk-based judgments within the letter and spirit of regulatory, legal and compliance frameworks.
- First-class presentation and communication skills and feel comfortable to guide and influence internal and external partners.
- Facility to foster collaboration by establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with peers, management and clients.
- Ability to lead change and actively engage in large-scale transformation programs.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and dedication to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Strong work ethic.