Plug-N-Go is an electric vehicle charge point operator and installer. We provide funded solutions to businesses and local authorities; this means we cover the cost of installation in exchange for a lease on the parking spaces. We then sell electricity through the charge points that service these spaces. A key part of our operations is maintaining our charge points, and interpreting the charging data that we receive.
Plug-N-Go requires a technical assistant to aid in collecting, sorting and analysing data from our charging stations, as well as troubleshooting issues from the units themselves using OCPP (Open Charge Point Protocol) logs.
This role is an apprenticeship through Avado, please use the contact details below to find out more information
Charge Point Management
1. Learning how to set up charging stations using the Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP), from a confluence knowledge base
2. Checking the status of charge points on the CDMC (Charge & Drive Management Cloud)
3. Troubleshooting ‘back end’ problems with charge points via the CDMC
4. Reporting back-office issues via Fortum’s ticketing system
5. Troubleshooting SIM issues via the JT portal
6. Assigning fobs to end-users via the CDMC
7. Uploading new charge points to Plugshare & Google Maps
8. Exporting data from the CDMC and processing it for accounting & reporting using Excel and Google Data Suite
9. Maintaining an up-to-date mailing list from GDPR permissions exported from the CDMC using Excel
10. Working with our data partners EV Technology (EVT) to ‘deep dive’ into our charging data, and identify relevant insights
11. Using Google Data Suite to aggregate data from various social media campaigns, and organise it into a presentable format