The 5-day Foundation & Practitioner course incorporates the 3-day Foundation course and includes both the Foundation and Practitioner exams. PRINCE2® 2017 is the method used for planning and managing projects in the public and private sectors and is universally accepted as the best practice project management course. It is for those working in the area of project management who are responsible for the coordination of any size and type of project, in any environment.
The PRINCE2 Foundation course is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by a PeopleCert approved trainer with practical experience of project management.
SPOCE's highly acclaimed online event preparation is available to everyone attending this event. You should spend approximately 5-10 hours studying the pre-course material in order to be well prepared for the course.
Due to the intense nature of this PRINCE2 Foundation course, you should plan to commit approximately 1 hour each evening during the course for study and review.
SPOCE's flexible approach to the management of the course means that you can choose to continue on the course for a further two days to complete the Practitioner level, or return at a later date to complete this and the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam if you so wish.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Structured Approach to Managing Projects
- The Process-based Approach
- Business Case
- Practical Work
There are many benefits of using PRINCE2® project management, primarily:
- Ensures project management is focused on the continuing viability of the project in relation to its Business Case
- Involves senior management in the project at the right time and in the right place
- Focuses on products which provides clarity for all parties involved on what the project must deliver
- Facilitates controls at all levels
- Makes the project's progress more visible to management
- Provides a communication medium for all project staff
- Ensures that work progresses in the correct sequence
- Allows the project to be stopped and, if required, re-started completely under management control, at any time
- Has a well-established 'User Group' dedicated to the support, promotion and strengthening of the method
- Prepares you for your PRINCE2 Foundation exam and PRINCE2 practitioner exam
You will take the PRINCE2 Foundation exam at the end of day 3 and the Prince2 Practitioner Exam on the afternoon of day 5.