Date & Time
This session led by the Office of Data Protection Authority will reveal how understanding data protection law can help start-up businesses build trust, retain customers, protect their reputation, prevent harm, and have fit-for-purpose data. By the end of this session, you will know:
1. What ‘personal data’ is.
2. What the principles of data protection are.
3. Why (and when) you need to register with the ODPA.
4. How to tell people what you are doing with their data.
5. What things you need to consider when using systems to process data.
6. What the basics of breach handling are, and when you need to report a breach to the ODPA.
7. How your start-up business benefits from looking after personal data.
8. Where to get support and more detailed information.