BPP Channel Islands new Digital Skills Programme starts in September
BPP Channel Islands’s eight-session Digital Skills Programme starting on the 13th September enables those working in professional services to understand how emerging technology is impacting the professional services industry.
Delivered digitally over three months and covering a range of contemporary topics covering areas such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, and advanced data analysis, the Digital Skills Programme empowers professional services employees for the changing world.
The next few years will see major developments in the skills accountants, bankers and lawyers are expected to have as digital transformation reshapes every sector of the economy. Employers and clients will want to work with professionals who are able to navigate and understand data, cybersecurity and automation to find innovative solutions to whatever issues need addressing.
That doesn't mean that everyone has to be a master coder or become a data scientist. What is required though is to foster a digital mindset, and to develop conversational fluency in a handful of technical topics.
Find out more about BPP's Digital Skills Programmehere
Other courses BPP also offers on digital upskilling
Short courses on data (3 x 2hr sessions):
- Data Fundamentals – this teaches a structured approach to data analysis using Excel. Participants find they gain skills which they can put to use immediately.
- Data Visualisation – this follows on from Data Fundamentals and goes into depth about creating visualisations using Power BI, and also introducing more advanced tools
- Using Data for Decision-Making – this is aimed at decision-makers who are not doing the analysis themselves but need to be able to interpret it and communicate results to impact decisions
- MSc Applied Data Analytics – this is a two-year, part-time courses which gives a thorough training in analysis data, using it in a business context and emerging technology. It is referred to as an apprenticeship but is also delivered as a stand-alone MSc.
For professional services:
- Digital Skills for Professional Services – this comprises eight two-hour sessions which cover different aspects of technology specifically aimed at those working in professional services (audit, tax, advisory, support services). We are running a course beginning 13th September and participants can book here.
- MSc Data Professional – a 16-month part-time programme enabling those who hold a professional qualification to “top-up” to a Masters by studying two modules relating to data and then completing a work-based project.